Jon’s Grille Makes Its Return to Fort Worth

Harrison Kemmer

Jon’s Grille is known for their delicious BBQ plates.

Audra Thomas, Social Media Editor

Jon’s Grille is back. The once-favorite restaurant and student common ground on TCU’s campus has been brought back to life by Fort Worth chef Jon Bonnell. Bonnell has many restaurants around Fort Worth including Waters, Buffalo Bros, and Bonnell’s, which are all very popular. 

The establishment was lively throughout the 90s and early 2000s, until the owner, Jon Meyerson, unexpectedly passed away and the restaurant closed. Soon after, Dutch’s Hamburgers took the place of Jon’s Grille, but just a few months ago, Jon’s Grille was announced to be returning to the streets of Fort Worth.

The restaurant includes a wide variety of burgers and BBQ. They offer build-your-own burgers, BBQ, sandwiches, baked potatoes, salads, appetizers, a collection of eight sides, and milkshakes, as well as a full bar. The establishment has many TVs so that customers can catch up on their favorite sports team. Main courses range from eight dollars to around twenty dollars, depending on the amount of food ordered. Appetizers range from six dollars to almost fifteen dollars.

“I got the Best Maid Chicken Sandwich and the fries, and it was really good,” Lainey Liberto ‘25 said. “The pickles on the sandwich added a nice flavor because they were the Best Maid brand, which is based in Fort Worth.”

Bonnell wanted to honor his late friend Meyerson with the rejuvenation of Jon’s Grille. Bonnell has a strong belief in “ranch to table,” so he and his brother, Ric, will use Bonnell Ranch Beef from the cattle that the two brothers have been raising for some time.

Jon’s Grille has a great environment and even better food. I highly recommend going and checking it out. The restaurant is located on 2905 West Berry Street, not far from the original location on University Drive. They are open from 11AM to 2AM all week.