Breaking News
  • November 27Make Sure to Stay to the Left when Going to Lunch
  • November 15Frankie Leoni '26 Chosen as the Only Keyboard player in the TPSMEA Jazz Band!
  • November 15Sign Up for the Falcon Ivories Piano Club
  • November 152nd Graders @ the Ropes Course from 12:30-2:30 tmrw. Show up if you have E Period Free
  • November 15Check GroupMe for the Lunch Menu
  • November 15Volunteer Hours Available for the Planting of Daffodils
The student news site of Fort Worth Country Day

Falcon Quill

Falcon Quill

Falcon Quill

New Restaurant Teddy Wongs Opens in Fort Worth

“Everything we do is a matter of heart, body, and soul…with a little bit of fun.” 

This is the mission statement of a new restaurant in Fort Worth called Teddy Wongs. Teddy Wongs is a Chinese food and dumpling restaurant that opened on October 21, 2023, and it is absolutely delicious. 

I will say that it can be relatively hard to get in, especially if you just try to walk-up, so I recommend making a reservation. The first time I tried to go they told me it was going to be a two-hour wait, but the second time, I made a reservation about two or three days ahead of time, and there were lots of options. The restaurant is relatively small, so that contributes to the long wait times as well. Fun Fact: Teddy Wongs is placed in a newly renovated 7/11 gas station in the hospital district. 

The restaurant offers a wide variety of Chinese foods with their main specials being dumplings and wine. I, of course, can only legally have one of those things, so I can’t help with the other one. 

The menu is divided into four sections with appetizers, soup and dim sum, ‘mains that wok,’ and dumplings. 

Appetizers: crab rangoons, spicy cucumber salad, veggie spring rolls, and pork egg rolls. 

Soup and dim sum: hot and sour soup, steamed rice, crispy shrimp balls, and pan fried scallion pancakes. 

“Mains that wok”: kung pao shrimp, chicken broccoli, sesame chicken, orange chicken, kung pao chicken, general tso chicken, TX mongolian beef, TX beef and broccoli, mapo tofu, fried rice (chicken, beef, shrimp, veggie, or BBQ pork), and garlic pea shoots. 

Dumplings: pork soup dumplings, crab and pork soup dumplings, Annie’s pork and shrimp sui mai, TX mushroom and pork dumplings, shrimp har gow, hot oil wontons, chicken celery dumplings, veggie dumplings, and combo dumplings (chicken, pork, and veggie). 

As you can see, this is a pretty expansive list of Chinese food options. 

The prices range from $2 to $18, so you have flexibility with your pricing and budget amounts. 

I went with Emily Klein ‘24 to Teddy Wongs, and we ordered pork egg rolls, hot oil wontons, and chicken fried rice all to split. Our total came out to be around $27.00. We were very excited to try this new restaurant and had been looking forward to it for quite some time. 

The pork egg rolls were delicious, and they paired perfectly with the side sauce that they came with, even though I have absolutely no clue what that sauce was. The blend of pork and vegetable makes for an amazing combo. I would rate the egg rolls a 9 out of 10, and I highly recommend ordering them for an appetizer. 

I’m normally relatively selective with wontons or dumplings because the texture sometimes makes me a little bit hesitant, but the hot oil wontons were so good. The hot oil sauce was kinda spicy, but it wasn’t too bad. I think these deserve an 8 out of 10. 

Last is the chicken fried rice. This is one of my all-time favorite foods, so I was really hoping to be impressed. The rice was definitely really good. I added some of the sauce from the wontons on top, and it added even more flavor to the rice. The chili in the sauce mixed with the seemingly not super-seasoned chicken fried rice just made it even better. I would recommend the rice by itself, but if you want it to stand out more, then I definitely suggest putting some of the sauce on top. But not too much if you can’t handle semi-spicy things. 

I highly recommend going to Teddy Wongs because I think the food is so good, and it is definitely worth your time. Teddy Wongs is close to the hospital district and Magnolia street, as it is located on the corner of Lipscomb St. and W. Rosedale St.