Breaking News
  • November 27Make Sure to Stay to the Left when Going to Lunch
  • November 15Frankie Leoni '26 Chosen as the Only Keyboard player in the TPSMEA Jazz Band!
  • November 15Sign Up for the Falcon Ivories Piano Club
  • November 152nd Graders @ the Ropes Course from 12:30-2:30 tmrw. Show up if you have E Period Free
  • November 15Check GroupMe for the Lunch Menu
  • November 15Volunteer Hours Available for the Planting of Daffodils
The student news site of Fort Worth Country Day

Falcon Quill

Falcon Quill

Falcon Quill

Jars Sweets & Things Opens Just in Time for Summer

Lainey Liberto ’25
Jar’s storefront next to Marble slab and Starbucks.

On Sunday, January 21, Margaret Watler ’24, Lauren Watler ’27, and I tried Jars by Fabio Viviani for the very first time. Since it was Jars’ opening weekend, they offered a special for their customers. If you put in your email, you would then be eligible to receive a free dessert Jar from their Classics or Limited Edition Jar menu. 

I ordered the Chocolate Cake jar from the Limited Edition menu. It was filled with Chocolate Custard and Chocolate Cake, and it had a chocolate frosting rim with rainbow sprinkles on top. I would rate my jar a 7 out of 10. The flavor was good but the amount of chocolate in the jar was a little overpowering. I enjoyed the bits of chocolate cake and the rainbow sprinkles the most. 

Margaret Watler ‘24 ordered the Oreo Cookies & Cream Jar on the Classics menu. The jar consists of Oreo and Chocolate Custard, White Sponge Cake, Crushed OREO Cookies, and Vanilla Frosting. She enjoyed her jar and rated it a 8.5 out of 10. The oreo cookie custard to sponge cake ratio was great. 

“I enjoyed Jars and I will definitely be going back soon to try more of their flavors. The environment inside was neat and I had a great experience,” Margaret Watler ‘24 said. 

Lastly, Lauren Watler ‘27 ordered the Red Velvet ice cream from their Soft Serve menu. The Red Velvet ice cream had Red Velvet Cake, a House-Baked Red Velvet Cookie, Vanilla Sweet Cream Soft Serve. The ice cream had great flavor and the red velvet items added a lot to the dessert. She rated the soft serve a 7.5 out of 10. 

“It was fun trying a new dessert place in Fort Worth. We do not have any places like Jars, so it was neat to try something new,” Lauren Watler ‘27 said. 

Their menu has a large variety of items and keeps every customer walking out with a smile. The menu starts with their Classics that stay year-round on the menu: Banana Cream Pie, Fabio’s Tiramisu, Oreo Cookies & Cream, Red Velvet Cheesecake, Strawberry Shortcake, Tres Leches Cake, Gluten Free Chocolate Caramel Cheesecake, and lastly German Chocolate Cake. 

All of their classics range from prices of $6.99 to $9.50.  

The menu and ordering station at the front of the store.

They also have a Limited Edition menu that is changed monthly with new flavors. The flavors for February include Honey Suckle, Blackberry Pie, Rice Krispy Treat, Pistachio Ambrosia, Vanilla Cream Puff, and Peach Cobbler. 

Each of the Limited Edition desserts are $7.99 each. 

Jars also offers a Variety Pack for $42 where you can choose six flavors from either their Classics or their Limited Edition collection. Jars also offers catering and they will cater to any events in need of 48 jars or more.

The Classics and Limited Edition Menu items are all sold in a jar with icing around the top. The jars are glass, and they allow you to keep them after your dessert.

They also offer four flavors of shakes, including Strawberry Shortcake, Banana Cream Pie, Oreo Cookies & Cream, and finally Red Velvet Cheesecake. These all sell for $8.99 each. 

Along with their shakes, Jars also has soft serve ice cream. The soft serve flavors are all delicious and super fun including French Vanilla Cake, Fruity Pebbles, Oreo Cookies & Cream, Red Velvet Cake, Salted Caramel Pecan, and Strawberry Shortcake. 

The soft serve ice creams sell from $5.50 to $6.50 per cup of deliciousness. 

Lastly, Jars presents Refreshers. There are three fun and colorful refreshers: Blue Raspberry Lemonade, Mango Passion Fruit, and Strawberry Kiwi. Each refresher starts at $4.95 depending on what size you order. Jars also offers bottled water for $3. 

On January 19, 2024 Jars on 3000 S Hulen St STE 150, Fort Worth, TX 76109 opened up and changed the dessert game for Fort Worth.

Jars is located in Trinity Commons. They are open from Monday through Sunday, and their hours are 11:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. every day. 

The store was very clean and had a lot of seating for their customers. They had some of the kindest and most welcoming workers. As you walk in, there is a place to order on an ipad or you can order at the front with one of the workers.

Jars has locations in Illinois, Kansas, Missouri, Texas, Arizona, and California. They are expanding to many different states and are building their franchise quickly. 

Just in Texas, they are adding store fronts in Highland Park, Dallas, Frisco, and Plano. All of these locations will be coming soon and will have a grand opening. Jars is also opening ten more stores in all different parts of California. 

Jars is a delicious new dessert place in Fort Worth. The environment, the desserts, the people, everything was great and we will for sure be returning to Jars sooner than later.