Visitors Learn About FWCD at Family Flight Night

Carolina+Zamoranos+25+thank+you+card+to+one+of+just+many+prospective+students.++

Carolina Zamorano '25

Carolina Zamorano’s ’25 thank you card to one of just many prospective students.

Jayda Fulp, Reporter

Family Flight Night started with Eric Lombardi, Head of School, welcoming the new prospective families. Then it was followed by a performance of a song from The Lightning Thief, the upcoming Upper School Spring Musical.

This is the first time since Covid that Family Flight Fight has been held. Family Flight Night is an admissions event for families of prospective students in grades 5-12 in which the prospective students get to pick different classes they want to attend. They choose three different classes between art, athletics, and academics. 

“It is always exciting to see people who are not a part of FWCD when they first come to campus, and especially when they first see our teachers in action,”  Lombardi said.

There were a total of 23 families and 72 guests who RSVP’d. These families got a JotForm where they rank a variety of classes, offering STEM, humanities, art, and athletics for prospective upper and middle school students. 

“This allows families to appreciate the many talents students cultivate in the FWCD Performing Arts Program,” Sarah Hollingshead, Assistant Director of Admissions, said.

After the presentation, the prospective families received an airplane ticket with the classes they will attend, a fun play on the “Flight Night” theme. The airplane ticket is based on their JotForm selections. This will give the families a unique experience based on their child’s interests.

As the prospective families walked from the Visual Arts parking lot to the Martin Campus Center, the ambassadors were the first to greet them. The ambassadors were matched up with each family and student based on either grade level or interests so that each family will have a personal host to take them around the school and to each session.

“It was so great to tour around different classes and talk to and get to know a prospective student,” Carolina Zamorano ‘25 said. “It’s also really cool to see the school from a different perspective that way.”

After they toured the school, the student ambassadors wrote whomever they were partnered with a thank you note.

“This is a great opportunity to practice a practical life skill and express gratitude to our visitors,” Hollingshead said.

Most of these students will be attending Country Day next year or will be submitting an application. 

“It’s important to note that this event is possible because we have teachers and coaches who volunteer their time after school to help make this event a success. It’s a whole school effort to ensure admission events go well,” Hollingshead said.