Breaking News
  • November 27Make Sure to Stay to the Left when Going to Lunch
  • November 15Frankie Leoni '26 Chosen as the Only Keyboard player in the TPSMEA Jazz Band!
  • November 15Sign Up for the Falcon Ivories Piano Club
  • November 152nd Graders @ the Ropes Course from 12:30-2:30 tmrw. Show up if you have E Period Free
  • November 15Check GroupMe for the Lunch Menu
  • November 15Volunteer Hours Available for the Planting of Daffodils
The student news site of Fort Worth Country Day

Falcon Quill

Falcon Quill

Falcon Quill

Trader Joe’s Tearing Up the Snack Aisle

Lainey Liberto ’25
Trader Joe’s located on Hulen Street.

Trader Joe’s is located on Hulen, and many people enjoy shopping there. Their groceries are always reasonably priced, and they have some of the best items. Trader Joe’s has many seasonal items during the holidays.

I love Trader Joe’s, and I especially love their snacks. Trader Joe’s has many different snacks to offer, and they are all loved by everyone.

Milk Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups are $4.49.

The Milk Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups are bite-sized treats. They are kosher and are a healthier version of Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups. 

I love the Milk Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups, and they are a good treat to have for dessert after a meal. I would rate the Milk Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups a 8/10.

The delicious Milk Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups from Trader Joe’s, (Lainey Liberto ’25)

Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups are $4.49

The Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups are also bite-sized treats. They are covered in dark chocolate, which offers less of a sweet flavor.

I like the Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups because it is another alternative for a dessert, and the sweetness is not too overpowering. I would rate the Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups a 7/10.

Crunchy Curls are $2.99

The Crunchy Curls are vegan, and they are made with lentil flour and potato starch. They are crunchy chips that remind me of the consistency of Pirate’s Booty. 

In my opinion, the Crunchy Curls lack some flavor, but I do enjoy the crunch in the chip. I rate the Crunchy Curls a 6/10.

Chili & Lime Flavored Rolled Corn Tortilla Chips are $2.99

The Chili & Lime Flavored Rolled Corn Tortilla Chips are Gluten Free and Kosher. The chips are spicy, but they are just the right amount and will not set your mouth on fire. 

I love the Chili & Lime Flavored Rolled Corn Tortilla Chips because they are spicy yet delicious. They are addicting, and once you start to eat them you can’t stop. I rate them a 10/10.

“Trader Joe’s Chili & Lime Flavored Rolled Corn Tortilla Chips are so much better than takis,” Claiborne Edwards ’25 said.

Trader Joes’ Chili and Lime Flavored Rolled Corn Tortilla Chips are one of the best chips at Trader Joe’s (Lainey Liberto ’25)

Organic Corn Chip Dippers are $2.49

The Organic Corn Chip Dippers are Gluten Free and very tasty. The chips are made from corn, organic sunflower oil, and organic sea salt. They are paired best with salsa or guacamole. 

I really like the Organic Corn Chip Dippers. I enjoy eating them with guacamole and queso. I would rate them a 9/10.

Peanut Butter Filled Pretzel Nuggets are $2.49

The Peanut Butter Filled Pretzel Nuggets are Kosher and are ranked in the Trader Joes’ manager’s top 10 favorite snacks. The pretzel nuggets are delicious and great for a snack on the go. 

I like the Peanut Butter Filled Pretzel Nuggets because they are an easy snack for me to grab on the go. I would rate them a 7.5/10.

“My mom always has Peanut Butter Filled Pretzel Nuggets stocked in our kitchen for us to snack on,” Sloan Howard ’25 said.

Chocolate & Peanut Butter Joe Joe’s are $3.49

The Chocolate & Peanut Butter Joe Joe’s are Kosher and delicious. They are two cocoa cookies with a layer of peanut butter in between the two cookies. It is then covered in peanut butter coating and chocolate is drizzled over the top. They also have Chocolate Vanilla Creme Joe Joe’s, Pumpkin Joe Joe’s, and Gluten Free Chocolate Vanilla Creme Joe Joe’s. 

I like the Chocolate & Peanut Butter Joe Joe’s because they are a great dessert option and they come in all different flavors so I can always have a new flavor.

One of the many Joe Joe flavors from Trader Joe’s. (Lainey Liberto ’25)

Jerk- Style Plantain Chips are $1.99

The Jerk- Style Plantain Chips are Kosher and have a little bit of spice. The chips are covered in a bit of jerk seasoning, garlic powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, coriander, ginger extract, and herbs and spices. 

I like the Jerk- Style Plantain Chips because they have a nice flavor and are a little spicy. I would rate them a 7/10.

The Jerk- Style Plantain Chips with the perfect taste. (Lainey Liberto ’25)

Dark Chocolate Drizzled Plantain Chips are $2.99

The Dark Chocolate Drizzled Plantain Chips are Kosher and bite-size. These chips are exactly like the Jerk- Style Plantain Chips but instead they have dark chocolate drizzled over the chips and sea salt sprinkled on the chips. 

I would rate them a 8/10 because the chips are spicy, but the chocolate and salt makes the chips sweet and salty.

World’s Puffiest White Cheddar Corn Puffs are $2.49

The World’s Puffiest White Cheddar Corn Puffs are Kosher and have so much flavor. The corn puffs have a puffy texture and a white cheddar cheese taste. They are almost identical to Pirate’s Booty.

I would rate them a 9/10 because the flavor is delightful, and they are a great snack to have because they are light.

Chicken Soup Dumplings are $3.49

The Chicken Soup Dumplings are very flavorful and delicious. The package comes with 6 dumplings and just needs to be microwaved. They have so much flavor and are a great meal to eat. 

I love the Chicken Soup Dumplings, and I eat them a lot for dinner or lunch. They are super flavorful. I would rate them a 10/10.

“The Chicken Soup Dumplings are easy to make and they are delicious,” said Cristiana Collins ‘25.