Breaking News
  • November 27Make Sure to Stay to the Left when Going to Lunch
  • November 15Frankie Leoni '26 Chosen as the Only Keyboard player in the TPSMEA Jazz Band!
  • November 15Sign Up for the Falcon Ivories Piano Club
  • November 152nd Graders @ the Ropes Course from 12:30-2:30 tmrw. Show up if you have E Period Free
  • November 15Check GroupMe for the Lunch Menu
  • November 15Volunteer Hours Available for the Planting of Daffodils
The student news site of Fort Worth Country Day

Falcon Quill

Falcon Quill

Falcon Quill

Paxtyn McPeak: Making A Difference in the FWCD Community

Lisa Wallace
Student Council gets ready for Homecoming.

Some characteristics you will first notice when meeting Paxtyn McPeak ’26 are that he is kind, funny, competitive, and a great leader. All of these traits are very useful and important for a contributor to the Student Council.

McPeak is a sophomore at FWCD. He has been at Country Day since kindergarten, and this is his first year on Student Council. 

“There is such a small community that allows people to connect well with everyone,” McPeak said, about his favorite thing at Country Day.

McPeak’s favorite sports are soccer, which he has been playing since he was “a young little lad in kindergarten,” and lacrosse, which he has been playing since seventh grade.

I like soccer because I am such a baller, and it is so competitive; [and] I like lacrosse because it is so fast-paced and physical,” McPeak said.

McPeak has lived in Fort Worth his whole life, but would love to get away and live in Venice, Italy, to work as a chemistry teacher. If that doesn’t work out, he will stay in Fort Worth, working as an engineer or an architect. McPeak will then try his best to make it as a comedian.

McPeak said his favorite celebrity is “Pete Davidson, [because] he’s somehow able to get every girl he wants.”

Jennifer Giroir teaches AP US History and regular US History for juniors and is also the faculty advisor for the Student Council. She has taught at FWCD since 2014. Giroir is very glad that McPeak decided to run to be a representative this year and hopes that he will continue to contribute to the Upper School community and the Student Council.

“He is one of the most valuable representatives we have on the entire council. If there is ever a need for something, he [will]… be there to do it… He is able to figure things out on his own and is able to just do it on his own without even being asked,” Giroir said.

Walker Gaines ‘24 noted several positive traits he’s noticed about McPeak.

“He’s really thoughtful. He’s not just gonna, like, do something just to get it done; he’ll actually do it right,” Gaines said.

Giroir complimented McPeak on being a leader and said that if McPeak sees something that isn’t done right, he will redo it. She also said he is self-aware, independent and capable.

Nate Blan ’26 said that his favorite personality trait of McPeak is that he is fun to be around and very competitive when it comes to sports.

“He’s really funny and… he really likes sports. He’s a smart guy along with being a really good athlete. He loves being around friends as well,” Blan said.

One of McPeak’s favorite personality traits about himself is that he is able to meet new people and easily make them feel included. He loves his four dogs and loves eating massaman curry from Thai Select, and would recommend it to anyone who wanted to eat there.

When asked who his role model was, McPeak said his dad.

“He just, like, taught me a lot and he’s hardworking,” McPeak said. 

One of McPeak’s favorite childhood memories was with his now brother-in-law. They used to wrestle a lot and one day when he was sleeping, McPeak decided to jump on him and he gave his brother-in-law a bloody nose.

“…One day he was just sleeping and I ran downstairs and I elbow-dropped him, and I gave him a bloody nose,” McPeak said.

McPeak likes to snack on Snickers bars when he’s hungry, and while he is working on math, which just happens to be his favorite subject, McPeak will also watch “Die Hard” and “Brooklyn Nine-Nine.” He considers “Die Hard” a Christmas movie and will argue with anyone who thinks differently. 

It is clear that McPeak’s variety of interests and opinions make him a great contributor to the council, and a great friend. The sophomore class made no mistake by electing him to be a representative for their class this year.