Breaking News
  • November 27Make Sure to Stay to the Left when Going to Lunch
  • November 15Frankie Leoni '26 Chosen as the Only Keyboard player in the TPSMEA Jazz Band!
  • November 15Sign Up for the Falcon Ivories Piano Club
  • November 152nd Graders @ the Ropes Course from 12:30-2:30 tmrw. Show up if you have E Period Free
  • November 15Check GroupMe for the Lunch Menu
  • November 15Volunteer Hours Available for the Planting of Daffodils
The student news site of Fort Worth Country Day

Falcon Quill

Falcon Quill

Falcon Quill

Reagan Hall: A Falcon to a Lumberjack

Stephen F. Austin Media Team
Reagan Hall signing with Stephen F. Austin for future college softball career.

86.2 innings pitched, 1,473 pitches, 173 strike outs. The 2023 softball season was big for the Country Day Falcons. Winning SPC and a win-loss record of 11-2. But those numbers came from an individual who helped lead the team all the way to SPC. Reagan Hall ’24 is a senior at Fort Worth Country Day, and she has been here since kindergarten. She has played softball since she was four years old and always knew it was her passion. In the fall of 2024, Hall will head off to Stephen F. Austin University to play softball. Her position is pitcher and sometimes outfielder if necessary. Hall has made varsity all four years of her high school career and has made many memories from the experience.

“Last year, when we were driving down to Houston for a tournament, we got stuck on the side of the road in Waco, but not like in the city like outside in the middle of nowhere… ‘cause our bus broke down for three and a half hours. We had to wait for another charter bus to come and pick us up, and the bus we were on was a little one and it didn’t have a bathroom and we had limited snacks and drinks… It was really hot and…it took us like seven and a half hours to get to Houston that day,” Hall said, sharing one of her favorite memories with the Falcon softball team. 

Hall started playing softball because of her mom, FWCD Coach DeAnn Hall. Her mom played in college and wanted her two daughters, Ryleigh and Reagan, to play the sport, too. When Hall goes off to college, she will miss playing basketball and volleyball because she has played it for a lot of her life. Basketball has always helped her conditioning and staying in shape when she is not playing softball. Volleyball has helped her vertical and agility skills.

Ryleigh Hall ’27, Reagan’s younger sister, said the best part of playing sports with Reagan is that their bond has gotten tighter. 

“[The best part of playing sports with Reagan is] getting along again, because we don’t spend a lot of time with each other outside of school, so, being in high school together, playing sports together, it’s nice bonding,” Ryleigh said. Her favorite memory with Hall was winning the basketball SPC title together this year because it brought them even closer than before.

Hall’s role model is every single girl on the University of Oklahoma softball team. She looks up to them because of how much talent they have and because no matter how many times they win a national title, they still get hate for it. 

“‘Cause imagine winning and winning and winning and people getting mad at you for winning, being able to just ignore that and still win and be happy,” Reagan said.

Even though Hall has always considered both of her parents coaches, one coach stands out to her as someone she can always count on to give her honest opinion and talk to her about anything. Shelley Rains is the head basketball coach at FWCD and coached Hall, but to Hall, she has always been a neighbor and friend. Hall has known her since she was little and considers her a very important person in her life. She goes to Rains if she needs to talk to someone for advice or just pass the time.

Hall is compassionate, a cheerleader for all of her friends and teammates, and has a lot of self-discipline. 

“It has been an incredible journey to watch her grow and mature as a person these past four years,” Rains said.

Hall is excited for Stephen F. Austin (SFA) because she gets to meet new people and be in a different environment than usual. She is excited for college softball because SFA is in the Western Athletic Conference (WAC) and they get to play really good and competitive teams. Hall is happy to be able to work with the SFA head softball coach, Jeff Jackson, because his goal is to develop every player equally and not just play the best players all the time.

Hall knew she wanted to play softball in college for a while, but until sophomore year of high school, she didn’t know just how much she wanted to. Before high school, there was a period of time when she didn’t know if softball was what she wanted to do with her life and through college. However, Hall kept working and putting in the effort and she remembered just how much she loves the sport and wants to continue playing it through college. 

When asked why Hall chose SFA, she said that when she first stepped onto the campus and started walking around, she knew that school was for her. Before she had even met the coaches, she could see herself at SFA and its beautiful campus. When Hall met Jackson, she instantly liked him. He told her that he saw something in her that very few other people had seen in her.

Ryleigh answered the question, “Will you miss Reagan when she goes to college?” 

“I definitely will, it hasn’t kicked in yet though that she is gonna leave. So I don’t miss her yet, but I will.” 

Ryleigh also commented that it will be nice being the only child in the house and that the house will be a lot quieter without her. 

“When I tell you that she is all the noise in the house, I mean it,” Hall said.

Reagan Hall is super excited about SFA and softball. As her last softball season at Country Day begins, the team hopes to win a back-to-back SPC title. Although she will be missed by many in the FWCD community, we wish her the best of luck at SFA.