Black and White Photo Exhibition

Savannah Grammer '17

This photograph by Savannah Grammer ’17 was displayed at the Black and White Photo Exhibition on Saturday January 28 at Fort Worth Country Day.

Reena Alame, Reporter

On Saturday, January 28, the FWCD fine arts department hosted the 29th annual Black and White Images Exhibition reception in the Lou and Nick Martin Campus Center.  

“It was a previous Headmaster’s idea to host the exhibition. It’s a way of getting to see what our other schools are doing, producing, and making,” Kendall Davis, Upper School art and photography teacher, said.  

There are 12 schools, both public and private, in the DFW area that participated in the contest and according to Davis, there were 505 entries.

“I was so excited when I found out my photo had been accepted into the contest,” Katie Bynum ‘20 said. “Since it’s my first year of photography, I didn’t really understand what a big deal it was at first.”

There are a total of 11 FWCD students whose work was accepted into the exhibition: Meredith Berry ’17, Katie Bynum ’20, Molly Cassady ’18, Bailey Evans ’17, Mia Fleischer ’20, Savannah Grammer ’17, Eden Harveson ’19, Colbi Jordan ’18, Brendan O’Connell ’18, Lily Peters ’18, and Jonathen Wilks ’17.

The photography was on display in the Upper school and Visual Arts Center throughout the month of January. The artwork will also be available for viewing online at fwcd.org/images starting February 1.