Where to Find the Best Ice Cream In Fort Worth

Caroline Sanders '23

Vanilla Ice Cream at Curly’s Frozen Custard

Caroline Sanders, Reporter

Over the past few days, I’ve visited multiple ice cream shops  in the area and talked to students on campus in an effort to gain insight and determine where the best ice cream in Fort Worth is.

I visited a Fort Worth classic: Curly’s Frozen Custard. The shop has everyday ice cream flavors like vanilla, chocolate, lemon, and sugar free vanilla. Curly’s also has a flavor of the month, changing for each month throughout the year. Peppermint and eggnog is the special flavor for December, and toffee is expected to be the flavor in January.

“My favorite place to get ice cream is Curly’s. It’s near my house and their seasonal flavors are really good,” Campbell Beebe ‘23 said.

The ice cream prices at Curly’s vary from $3.29 to $7.59, depending on if you chose a single scoop up to a quart size. Additional toppings are $0.69 each, including chocolate chips, hot fudge, cookie dough, marshmallows, sprinkles, and many more. 

Curly’s is also available to cater and offers different party packages. Located on Camp Bowie Boulevard, it’s open from 11:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. Monday through Thursday, 11:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m. Friday through Saturday, and it’s  closed on Sundays. You can also visit their website for more information here: curlysfrozencustard.com

Next, I went to another Fort Worth ice cream original: Sweet Sammies. This shop is located on Currie Street near West Seventh and is open from 12:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. every day. They’re best known for their $3.99 delicious Sweet Sammie dessert: a scoop of Blue Bell ice cream sandwiched between two warm cookies. However, they also offer a variety of ice cream flavors from Dutch chocolate to sea salt caramel. Sweet Sammies’ homemade cookies range from the classic chocolate chip to white chocolate macadamia nut. 

A single scoop of ice cream costs $2.19, a double scoop is $3.99, and a triple scoop is $5.49. One cookie is $1.15, three are  $2.95, and a dozen is $9.99. Sweet Sammies also caters and is available for contact at Sweetsammies.com

The third ice cream place visited was Amorino Gelato. It is a new addition to Fort Worth. Amorino is thought to have the best European gelato around. It is located on Monahans Avenue in The Shops At Clearfork.

Amorino Gelato displays a total of 24 flavors of gluten-free gelato and sorbet made from 100% real ingredients. The Italian shop offers an assortment of other deserts including macaroons, crepes, waffles, and other pastries. Amorino also suggests you order a hot drink with your dessert, proposing different styles and flavors of hot chocolate, coffee, and tea.  Their prices range from $4.99 to $20 depending on which sweet treat you order and how many.

Lastly, I went to an all-time favorite ice cream place: Marble Slab Creamery. Being an  international franchise, there are around 10 Marble Slab locations in the Fort Worth area. The two nearest to school are both on South Hulen Street.   

“In my opinion, the best place to get ice cream in Fort Worth is Marble Slab because they have superior quality ice cream and toppings,” Jeremy Henderson ‘23 said.

Marble Slab has a variety of ice cream, boasting around 60 flavors. They also offer sorbet, low-fat yogurt, milkshakes, and smoothies. In addition, you can purchase cupcakes and cakes in store. They also allow you to create your own personal sundae with numerous amounts of toppings available. Marble Slab caters as well. For more details visit their website, marbleslab.com, or call +1 (817) 731-2590.