Breaking News
  • November 27Make Sure to Stay to the Left when Going to Lunch
  • November 15Frankie Leoni '26 Chosen as the Only Keyboard player in the TPSMEA Jazz Band!
  • November 15Sign Up for the Falcon Ivories Piano Club
  • November 152nd Graders @ the Ropes Course from 12:30-2:30 tmrw. Show up if you have E Period Free
  • November 15Check GroupMe for the Lunch Menu
  • November 15Volunteer Hours Available for the Planting of Daffodils
The student news site of Fort Worth Country Day

Falcon Quill

Falcon Quill

Falcon Quill

Country Day Classifieds Makes a Comeback

After almost being abducted at my last Craigslist meetup where I attempted to exchange a collection of The Black Eyed Peas CDs for a Michael Kidd-Gilchrist autograph, I’ve been inspired to revive what in the 1980s was the “Country Day Classifieds,” but with a slight modern makeover. Everyone has something to sell. Everyone has something they want to buy. The new Falcon Yard Sale gives the Country Day community a way to exchange goods and services in a fun, safe, and accountable way. The Quill connects buyers to sellers within the FWCD family, so we keep the generational wealth in the right hands. 

Wanted: Hot water. Contact Chef Steve Novak.

Help: FWPD, come quick! An unidentified person just drove on campus! You might need a helicopter.

Wanted: Snitches. See the Honor and Discipline Councils.

Wanted: Tom Mitchell to return the Quill’s money, please. See the Editors.

For Sale: Cooler with built-in speakers, perfect for small bad choices but not life changing bad choices. See Mrs. Teegarden.

Wanted: A snow day.

Wanted: Someone to create a better acronym than A.L.I.C.E.

Lost: All dignity and self-respect after being dropped during the trust fall on the ropes course.

Found: Blood and used feminine products in the Upper School women’s bathroom. If yours, congratulations! You won an all-inclusive vacation! Please claim your prize in Ms. Wakeland’s office.

Stolen: Our collective childhood. Direct letters of disapproval towards the Lower School demolition crew.

Wanted: Garrett Podell ’15; dead or alive. Reuters News Agency will pay handsomely.

Needed: Mr. Hoppe to tell me that I “have rizz, no cap.”

Wanted: Student fans at the soccer games. Blankets and other cold-weather supplies will not be provided, but you can wear jeans to school. Stay warm out there.

Wanted: Help finishing this article. See the Editor.